1. Where was Gandhi Ji born?
Mohandas Karamchand Gandhi was born in Porbandar, Gujarat, India on 2 October 1869.
2. What was the age of Gandhi ji at the time of his marriage?
The 13-year-old Mohandas Gandhi got married to 14-year-old Kasturbai Makhanji Kapadia (her first name was usually shortened to "Kasturba", and affectionately to "Ba") in May 1883. It was a arrange marriage.
3. About how old was Gandhi when he reached London to become a barrister?
At the age of 19 Gandhi ji left from Bombay to London. Gandhi attended University College, London which is a constituent college of the University of London.
4. Who was the political guru of Mahatma Gandhi ji?
Mahatma Gandhi used to seek the opinion of the Gopal Krishna Gokhale through letters from South Africa. Gokhale was the one who persuaded Gandhi to came back to India, invest time in understanding India and work for Indian independence struggle movement.
5. On which day of March 1930, the famous Dandi March launched by the Gandhi ji?
Dandi March is also known as the Salt March, Salt Satyagraha and the Dandi Satyagraha was started on 12 Mar 1930 and concluded on 6 Apr 1930. Dandi March was an act of nonviolent civil disobedience against the British.
6. Who was given the slogan 'Do or die'?
Mahatma Gandhi had given the slogan of 'Do or die' during the Quit India movement of 1942 .
7. How many children did Mahatma Mahatma Gandhi have?
8. How many times was Mahatma Gandhi jailed?
9. How old was Mahatma Gandhi when he made the first public speech in his life?
At the age of 25 years.
10. Who killed Gandhi Ji?
Nathuram Vinayak Godse assassinated Gandhi in New Delhi on 30 January 1948. Godse was an advocate of Hindu nationalism, from Pune, Maharashtra.
Keep up with what Is Happening!