1. Some tornadoes can be faster than Formula One race cars!
2. There are 2,000 thunderstorms on Earth every minute.
3. The wind is silent until it blows against something.
4. There are ice caves in Iceland that have hot springs.
5. The fastest recorded raindrop was 18 mph!
6. The US gets over 1200 tornadoes a year.
7. Lightning can, in fact, strike twice.
8. Clouds look white because they are reflecting sunlight from above them.
9. Yuma, Arizona gets over 4000 hours of sunshine a year, making it the sunniest place on earth. The least sunny place is the South Pole, where the sun only shines on 182 days a year. (Which would you rather live in?)
10. Rain contains vitamin B12.
11. A bolt of lightning is five times hotter than the sun.
12. A hurricane releases enough energy in one second to equal that of 10 atomic bombs.
13. It can be too warm to snow but never too cold.
Keep up with what Is Happening!